Treat Cavities & Decay with Dental Fillings in Beverly Hills
When cavities have worn down a tooth's structure, the tooth is weakened and in danger of fracturing. In these cases, a dental filling is the best solution to save the tooth. The process takes two steps to complete. First, the tooth is prepared by removing dental decay, structurally unstable portions of the tooth, and any other tooth structure that needs to be removed to make room for the filling material.
The next step is the placement of the restorative material, which may be any of the following:
- Composite (resin plastic)
- Amalgam (base metal)
Tooth decay is the leading cause of sensitivity for patients. However, once the appropriate filling is inserted the sensitivity of the tooth is immediately eradicated.
Eradicate tooth sensitivity with dental fillings!
We offer options that blend in with your teeth.
Service performed by a top-rated prosthodontist.
Why Choose Dental Fillings in Beverly Hills with Gary Solnit, DDS:
- You’ll receive treatment from a top rated prosthodontist in Beverly Hills, CA.
- Highly-reviewed on Yelp!, Healthgrades & Google.
- Cutting-edge technology & advanced materials used.
- Years of experience in providing dental fillings to Beverly Hills.
Stop Cavities from Worsening!
What's right for me?
Several factors influence the performance, durability, longevity and expense of dental restorations, including:
- The components used in the filling material
- The amount of tooth structure remaining
- Where and how the filling is placed
- The chewing load that the tooth will have to bear
- The length and number of visits needed to prepare and adjust the restored tooth
Before your treatment begins, your doctor will discuss with you all of your options and help you choose the best filling for your particular case. In preparation for this discussion it may be helpful to understand the two basic types of dental fillings — direct and indirect.
- Direct fillings are fillings placed into a prepared cavity in a single visit. They include silver amalgam, glass ionomers, resin ionomers, and composite (resin) fillings. The dentist prepares the tooth, places the filling, and adjusts it in one appointment.
- Indirect fillings generally require two or more visits. They include inlays, onlays, and veneers fabricated with gold, base metal alloys, ceramics, or composites. They are used when a tooth has too much damage to support a filling but not enough to necessitate a crown. During the first visit, the dentist prepares the tooth and makes an impression of the area to be restored. The dentist then places a temporary covering over the prepared tooth. The impression is sent to a dental laboratory, which creates the dental restoration. At the next appointment, the dentist cements the restoration into the prepared cavity and adjusts it as needed.
“Had a couple fillings performed by Dr. Gary & it was as easy as it gets. No pain & no problems. Teeth are no longer sensitive & you can’t even tell they’re there!”
- Max D.
Gary Solnit, DDS provides dental fillings in Beverly Hills & surrounding areas including Century City & Los Angeles, CA. Call us to learn the types of dental filling options we offer & the costs involved!